Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

South America - Day1: San Salvador

San Salvador was our hopping point from California to Lima, Peru. The layover was almost eight hours. We knew it was going to be a painful long wait knowing the tiny size of the airport and lack of airport amenities. Vivian and I were the first ones to arrive at San Salvador airport, we got in at 5:30am, the other two groups of our friends were scheduled to arrive two and half hours later.

The airport is small indeed, 5:30 in the morning, all the shops were still closed. In preparation of our long wait at the airport, Vivian bought a bag full of candies and cream puffs last night from LA (yeah, we had 5 hours layover in LA as well), and hand carried them with us, protected them as we flew in the overly crowded flight along with the rest of Patin American passengers.

If snacks are Vivian's way to pass time, my preferred way would be get online. and to my big surprise, they have Wireless internet here!! Free too! I hopped on the internet, finished the emails I meant to get done before leaving the trip, and even looked up travel infos while my other friends took naps and bullshitted for 8 hours.

My impression of San Salvador: pretty damn good!

Time to board my flight to Lima, Peru, see ya!



Early morning arrival


Vivian and her Cream Puffs


Been there! Done that!


A look at the country

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home