Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Friday, February 29, 2008

3 Months Reflection

The last three months since I left the corporate world has been a great ups-and-down experience, there were things that didn't work out as planned, but there were things that turned out far better than I have ever hoped. I have had my first taste of freedom, the freedom to do things according to my own development plan, the freedom to budget my own time, and the freedom to expand my experience the way I wanted. Although I am still working on the "security" part, one thing I am already sure, there is no way I will being turn back.

The past three months has been a great learning experience for me. I had to catch up on loads of new concept relating to the international commodity trading procedures and terms, as well as the basic concepts on the commodities. My best friend had been Wikipedia, which provided me abundant of much needed new knowledges, from FOB/CIF to applications and chemical properties of the commodities that I was involved in.

Although it is still a bit early to call it a deal, but it is pretty darn close to put ink on contract for the iron ore deal I have been working on for the past month and half. First time is always the hardest, this was true with our real estate investments, and hopefully it holds true with my courses in commodity trading. Fortunately I have some very knowledgeable partners to help guide me and instruct me during the past few months. I believe I have found my true calling, although I have not made even $0.01 yet, but I feel fulfilled, this is what I wanted to do.

Money, it is just around the corner...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home