Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Home Grown Lavender

I never wrote a blog about the Sonoma trip Vivian and I made back in mid-June, and perhaps I will write about it, soon. Neither Vivian nor I wrote a blog about it because we are both still waiting for me to publish the trip pictures so our blogs can reference to it. And since this was a special trip, to us at least, hence, we placed exceptionally high expectations on this particular photo page, and therefore, explains the delay...

We went there to attend a Lavender Festival hosted inside of the Chateau St. Jean winery. Lavender, along with lily, is Vivian's favorite flower but I have to admit that I find lavenders pretty groovy too. It was huge fields of blooming lavenders, sending off a faint, calming scent that sooth the nerves. We bought lavender embedded pillows, blankets and even two young pots of live lavenders.

After getting home, we planted the lavenders in the backyard, near the lily shrubs we once had (neighborhood raccoon feast on it awhile back, and ate all the flowers). Without knowing how to raise lavenders, we fully anticipated failure, but hey!! A month later, it is blooming!! I hope Vivian does go berserk and transform the back yard to a lavender jungle.

Lavender in our backyardNext to the walkwayClose up

Labels:

2 Comments:
  • BABY! Don't worry about all the special effects I requested earlier on the Lavender trip photos. I don't really care any more. I just want to see them. Oh, and I am still in love with my lavender blanket. It's the most comfortable, soft, and calming blanket I've ever had. Thank you so much!!! (Can't believe I can put that thing in the microwave...haha)

    By Blogger Vivian Chen 陳茜薇, @ 7/19/2005 1:21 AM  

  • GO TO BED!!!!

    By Blogger Jiaying, @ 7/19/2005 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment


<< Home