Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Monday, December 06, 2004

Tumble Weed

Vivian and Jiaying at Squaw ValleyWe went to Squaw Valley to snowboard over the weekend along with a dozen friends. There was no new snow, and the slopes were combed, packed and wasn't butt-friendly. Jason, Kevin and I went from the peak all the way down to the base lodges, around two mils run; it was thrilling, until I wiped out BIG time! I caught the wrong edge of the board, and I went flying, cracked my neck as I land, and thought I was going to be the next Christopher Reeves.

Later, after a yummy hotdog at the base lodge, I mustered up my strength and decided to take on the slopes once more. This time around, once again, my board's edge caught the snow as I was going down a steep descend, fell backwards, and *thump* I planted my butt firmly on the ground. I felt my pancreas, liver, intestines, and the rest of my inner organs all turning and twisting from the shock; the sharp pain from my tailbone mixed with the numb feeling of my butt was unbearable! I laid there on the slope in agonizing pain for at least a minute before even attempt to get myself up while Jason sat nearby by laughing. The worst was the headache that followed, the whiplash effect combined with my earlier tumbles were keeping my head buzzing. I was done for the day. :-(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home