Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Taipei Rendez-vous

My flight landed five hours ago, I’ve decided to camp out at the airport and wait for Vivian’s flight instead of go to hotel and come back.

Doing what a good geek does, as soon as I walked out of the baggage claim, I took out my laptop, set it on top of my luggage cart, turned on the wireless, and went around the airport looking for hotspots...

I did the hard work finding the hotspot so for those of you planning on visiting Taipei won’t have to. As soon as you walk out of the arrival gate, head left to the end of the hall where Casa Mila Café is located, the food there is tasty, reasonablely priced, and most importantly -– they provide free wireless! I now have been sitting here in the Casa Mila Café for 4 hours, enjoyed my croissant tuna sandwich and two cups of coffee, and received abundant weird looks from the waitresses, I don’t blame them, I look like shit (and probably smell like one too) after my ATL-SFO 5 hour flight immediately followed by the 13 hours SFO-TPE flight...

Four more hours before Vivian arrives, I need to find another place to camp out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:
  • Doing what a good geek's girlfriend does, as soon as I arrived HongKong airport, I found an internet zone, took out my laptop and start going wirelss. Compared to Jiaying's effort search, mine was very easy, they provide free wireless access at the HongKong airport.

    How can my baby look like shit, my dear, I suggest you to start applying what you learned from the movies to real life, such as "The Terminal", I think Tom Hanks demonstrated the ultimate camp out style at any airport. Go brush your teeth, wash your face, or even take a shower, then flirt with some cute waitresses, and if you still have more time to spare, maybe you can also remodel a abandant room into my VIP lounge (with fountains of course)... ^_^

    By Blogger Vivian Chen 陳茜薇, @ 5/05/2007 8:51 PM  

  • now that's my baby talking!! :)

    By Blogger Jiaying, @ 5/06/2007 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment


<< Home