Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Thursday, October 13, 2005

SCUBA!!

Vivian diving in Sanya, China 2003/12As if the world on land is not big and exciting enough for me, that I actually want to submerge myself to the world of underwater. It is just not the same, let me tell ya, the serenity, the weightless-ness and the drastically different scenery is intoxicatingly addictive!

We had our first SCUBA diving experience in Sanya, China -- the so called Hawaii of the Orients. Despite the unusual rough water that reduced the visibility that day, it was still an experience that I captivated me.

Since I am due to go to Maui this Dec with Vivian, swimming amongst the coral reefs is on the top of list of things to do for us once we get there. We want to be able to truly enjoy our time in the warm sea without having a diving instructor constantly lurking behind, and hence, we need to be certified to dive, PADI Open Water Certified that is.

We are going to check out the diving school in Santa Clara tomorrow. And hopefully get properly licensed prior to our trip to Hawaii. I am giddy as a school boy, anticipating the douche tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home