Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Fire Drills

Fire DrillEveryone slacks off, and I am no different; I exercise the method of procrastination to its advanced level. At work these days, I have been asked to support a brand new set of products on top of my existing tasks; new product, new technology, new tools, new game... the new arrangement definitely dragged me out of my comfort-zone, although I doubt if there was ever a comfort-zone.

Ramping up on the new stuff is no easy task, especially when the “old” products require my constant attention. The old trusting procrastinating way of doing things can no longer be enjoyed; now it is all about prioritizing: pick up the hottest tasks, juggle them around until they cool down, set them down and then grab the next set... a constant fire drill would be a good analogy to describe my present situation.

Since it funds my mortgage, the car payment, credit card bill, lunch money and even my beloved A|X collections, this is one fire drill I need to continue actively participate in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home