Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wild on Esperanca – Battle of Ants!

We got four turtles, a cat and its dozen fleas living with us under the same roof. Recently a new family of ants moved in as well, uninvited.

I didn’t pay too much attention when a tiny, cute little ant, 1/4 of an inch long was snooping around on my pure white couch a week ago. But within days, that little scouting ant led an entire army into our house!

We have always been careful with leaving food crumbles in the open to avoid pest problem. But MaoMao’s cat food is always in the open, and apparently these ants have developed a taste for cat food.

Ants dining on Maomao's leftoverMy arsenalStrategic placements of the baitsThe ants plow right through the boobytraps! :-(

My co-worker advised me to try different brand of ant baits since certain breed of ants are only attracted to certain brand of bait; I wasted no time and went to Home Depot after work today and grabbed every brand of ant baits they had. I was on my hands and knees, observing the trail of ants response to the baits, so far, no sign of interest...

Getting frustrated!

Related Blog:
Wild Discovery on Esperanca (2005.06.02)

Labels:

4 Comments:
  • spiders doesn't march in an army formation. ants is powerful due to its quantity. ant spray kills only the ones that came in contact, but not the queen in the nest.

    By Blogger Jiaying, @ 8/18/2005 1:44 AM  

  • oh, by the way. Windex kills ants on contact!!! it is less toxic than those pesticides. try it next time.

    By Blogger Jiaying, @ 8/18/2005 1:45 AM  

  • Those aunts give me goose bumps... I was trying to be kind to them knowing that every life is precious despite of their form. But then I start losing my patience...

    By Blogger Vivian Chen 陳茜薇, @ 8/18/2005 1:37 PM  

  • yeepy, they are all GONE!!! It worked it worked...

    By Blogger Vivian Chen 陳茜薇, @ 8/19/2005 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment


<< Home