Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Just Do It!

Adidas LogoAdidas recently gained a new attitude from Nike's famous slogan -- Just Do It!

News has it today Adidas announced an agreement to purchase Reebok for $3.8 Billion. Together they will battle on the Big-O-Nike.

I had a pair of Reebok when I was in middle school, it was a Reebok Pump. That’s when it first came out, my gosh; the attention I got from that shoe was just great! Especially for a little skinny immigrant Chinese kid in an average US public middle school, those pair of Pumps definitely raised my social status up few notches.

Alicia SilverstonWell, those “fitting-in”, “being-cool” days are long behind me, I now buy shoes that are comfy and aesthetically pleasing, and the latter requirement is oh-so-important! Here I quote (from 10 years old memory) a line Alicia Silverstone’s character Cher once recited in the movie Clueless: “I would spend hours to decide what socks to wear, just imagine the time it takes to choose a panties to cover up my…

I am no Alicia, but I am a picky man when it comes to apparels, and shoe defines a man! Just as my ultra-high-maintenance-Korean-hottie-college-friend Trisha once said: “A stud in an Armani suit wearing a sneaker is a bum, a bum wearing a trash bag and a pair of nice shoes is a stud!”.

Nicely put Trisha, nuff said...

Oh, one more comment, I always root for the underdogs, that’s probably why I haven’t purchased a pair of Nike’s in years. And without any biased opinion, the most comfortable pair of sneakers I ever had is the plain Adidas I currently have (pictured below)!! I’d vote for Slashes over the Swoosh any day!

Adidas I own

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home