Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Fast and Furious!

Dell is dropping its PC price like a rock! Last week, there was a $750 off Inspiron notebooks deal, and today, there will be another round of $750 off for its Dimension desktop and Inspiron notebooks!!

Sounds like spring cleaning in the Dell's warehouse these days... clean off the inventory to make room for the upcoming Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processors? Starting Monday, Dell will offer Intel's Pentium® Extreme Edition 840 with 800MT/s FSB and pairing it up with the Intel® 955X Express chipset (a.k.a. Glenwood -- One of the chipsets that I worked long hours on back at Intel-Shanghai!!!!) in its Precision 380 workstations and Dimension XPS desktops. I can’t help but to feel like I am somewhat part of the 955X launch… :-)

Intel® Pentium® processor Extreme Edition

$750 off XPS is pretty tempting, it should be a very powerful machine, but I am a believer of the upcoming Dual-Core processors and chipsets that support DDR2 and PCI Express graphics. Many people might want to argue with me on these new technologies pushed by Intel, but hey, I will still root for something that I once worked hard on.

Labels:

1 Comments:
  • Hey Jiajing, awesome page... I like your entries...

    Yea dell is having lot of deals lately.. free shipping besides all the discounts... I am so tempted to get a new laptop.... but i already have one ehhe...

    When are you and Viv going to hitch? talk to you later.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, @ 4/21/2005 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment


<< Home