Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Monday, November 22, 2004

Flight Shopping

I am planning to go back to China next month since my parents will be there during that time. I'd like to show them around, and make it a family vacation. I still have some personal items in Shanghai that I couldn't bring with me when I moved back to California back in Sept, so it will also be a trip for me to wrap up the loose ends.

However, the tickets are ridiculously expensive these days, almost three times the price I used to pay. This would be a good time to exercise those frequent flier miles. To my disappointment, there doesn't seem to have any open seats!!! Right now, United and Air China are the only airlines to offer direct flights SFO-PVG. We really need more airlines to fly from the West coast to China since more and more people are going there in the recent years. Wish me luck on my flight search!!

Labels:

2 Comments:
  • Good luck, Jiaying! I really hope you can find something ideal that can fit into your schedule. Hum, to me, something ideal would be: flying to Shanghai on 12/10, then find round trip ticket from Shanghai to Costa Rica for the 12/21 to 12/27 period for $100, then start vacationing with your parents on 12/30. But again, viv is dreaming... daydreaming... They probably don't even have flights from Shanghai to Costa Rica...

    By Blogger Vivian Chen 陳茜薇, @ 11/22/2004 10:45 AM  

  • humm... did a search on travelocity.com, and there are tix for under $700, direct flight too!!!! I am consider buying and save the frequent flier miles...

    By Blogger Jiaying, @ 11/22/2004 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment


<< Home