Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Monday, June 06, 2005

Seoul Korea

A View of SeoulIt took 12 knee aching, back torturing hours of trans-Pacific flight to arrive in Seoul Incheon airport from San Francisco. The flight itself was smoother than normal; perhaps it was because I was flying in a Boeing 777. The wings of 777 are huge, even compared to those of a 747 jumbo jet. The gigantic wing area helped buffer the air pockets, it was smooth cruising all the way to Seoul.

Normally I would have slept before take off and wake up as we land. However, since the flight left SFO at noon and arrived at 5pm local Korea time. I tried not to sleep on the flight to be in sync with Seoul times. Incheon is a huge airport, I have stopped here numerous of times previously, but never set foot outside of the airport. To my delight, the weather in Seoul was gorgeous, 77F degree, with relatively low humidity. It took an hour to get thru the custom and fetch my luggage, and another hour and half of bus ride to the hotel we were staying – Shilla Hotel, owned and operated by Samsung!!

I was impressed with Seoul, although it appears very similar to those major cities in China, Seoul is cleaner in comparison. And I have to admit, the Korean cuisines and especially the Kimchi have contributed to my scorings.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home