Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

New Year for the Masses

Happy Chinese New Year!Besides the regular January 1st New Year and perhaps some religious holiday such as Christmas, I don’t know if there are any holidays bigger than the Lunar New Year, also known as the Chinese New Year, which is celebrated not only by the Chinese, but majority of the Asian populations as well.

When the clock stuck 12am on the first day of the lunar New Year, I was surprised at the sounds of fire crackers going off outside in seemingly every direction. I could have easily mistaken to be in China! Those fireworks served as an evident to the impact and influence of the large Asian populations here in the Bay Area, just gotta love California!

Unfortunately I had to go to work on the New Year’s Day; I’d have taken the day off if it wasn’t for the pressing deadlines and new at the job. Majority of my co-workers are Asian descendants, and it gave me the at-home feeling with each exchange of New Year greetings.

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home