Home | About Us | Trips | Events | Links | Forum | Blog

Jiaying's Blah-blah...

Monday, February 07, 2005

New Toy!

Acura TL Interior At NightGot the Acura TL last Friday after work, it is nice and shinny and I just love that new car smell! The navigation system adds a lot of flares and Wow-factors to the vehicle. The directions are given both graphically and verbally, and I can choose between male or female voice for the vocal directions, interesting! The navigation package added an 8-inch LCD screen to the center console, very bright and colorful, and allows me to control navigation/audio/fan by touching the screen.

The interior looks very nice at night, a lot of colors emitted from the screen, controls and buttons. I am still learning the ~300 voice commands I can give to control all the accessories in the cabin. So far, my accent didn’t seem to be a problem for the car to comprehend my commands. Nice! Considering how much I play around with all the knobs and buttons while driving, I really need to get familiar with the voice control before killing myself on the road!

Aside from memorizing the voice commands, I am also trying to re-learn how to drive a stick shift. I’ve had a 5-speed manual Honda Accord back in 1998-2000, but it has been awhile. The TL I chose had a 6-speed transmission, you might not want to carpool with me yet since the ride is kinda jiggy...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment


<< Home